Welcome to the Strathspey Lodge blog! In our first post, we’ll be giving you the lowdown on our family-friendly rental property in Scotland’s scenic Cairngorms National Park. Read on to discover what makes this place so special and find out about staying here.
A Luxurious Holiday Home in a Picturesque Location
If you’re looking for luxury self catering accommodation in the Highlands, Strathspey Lodge should be your first port of call. Spacious enough for the whole family, it provides all the facilities you need for a comfortable getaway. Our contemporary rental property is ideally situated for anyone wanting to explore the Cairngorms National Park. Located in the village of Duthil, just five minutes’ drive from Carrbridge, it’s within easy reach of Aviemore and attractions like the Rothiemurchus Estate, the Strathspey Steam Railway and the Highland Wildlife Park.
Stay at this beautifully decorated, three-storey home and you can enjoy an action-packed holiday or unwind on a relaxing break. Start off your day with a leisurely breakfast on the balcony, spend the day hiking or enjoying a day-trip to Drumnadrochit, Fort Augustus or Inverness, then indulge in a glass of local whisky and a home-cooked meal by our wonderful wood-burner stove.
Who Is Strathspey Lodge Suitable For?
Our luxury self catering holiday home is perfect for:
- Families – With so many attractions nearby, Strathspey Lodge makes a great base for family holidays. It has three double bedrooms, a twin room and a colourful well-stocked nursery, so there’s plenty of space for everyone. With wall-mounted TVs in every bedroom, a table-tennis table and a host of board games to choose from, you’ll be able to find something to amuse you in the evenings and on rainy days as well.
- Dog owners – Finding dog-friendly holiday accommodation can be tricky, so you’ll be pleased to know that your canine companions are welcome to stay at Strathspey Lodge. What’s more, you’ll be able to take them for walks in a host of beautiful places, including the Craigellachie Nature Reserve and around Loch Morlich.
- Walkers, hikers and mountain bikers – The Cairngorms National Park is a haven for anyone who loves the Great Outdoors. Take the 90-minute circular Summit Walk to the top of Cairn Gorm to enjoy spectacular views or walk a section of the Speyside Way, one of Scotland’s four famous “Long Distance Routes”. Alternatively, visit the Lecht ski centre, just 40 minutes’ drive from Strathspey Lodge, and tackle one of its two summer mountain bike trails.
- Nature lovers – Budding nature writers and photographers will be well-placed to snap some of Scotland’s native birds and animals when they stay at the Lodge. The area is home to many different species, including red squirrels, deer, mountain hares and golden eagles. You can spot Scottish wildlife in the local nature reserves, lochs, or even at the bottom of our garden over a meal with a drink in hand!
- Winter sports fans – Skiers and snowboarders are well-catered for at the many pistes and trails nearby, making the Lodge an outstanding option if you’re planning a winter activity break. Head to Cairn Gorm, to take to the slopes safe in the knowledge that you’ll be able to relax in a snug “home away from home” at the end of the day.
- Golfers – Scotland’s a must-visit destination for golf devotees and when you stay at Strathspey Lodge you’ll be able to enjoy a round or two on one of the many courses nearby. There’s an 18-hole course at Carrbridge Golf Course, for example, while the Boat of Garten Golf and Tennis Club is about 15 minutes’ drive away. Courses can also be found at Grantown-on-Spey Golf Club, Spey Valley Golf Club and Abernethy Golf Club.
Discover More About this Stylish Property
To find out more about Strathspey Lodge, take a look at the rest of our website. You’ll find in-depth information about its location, bedrooms and facilities, and you’ll also be able to read our latest guest reviews! You can keep up to date with our latest news by bookmarking our blog and following us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For additional information or to book your stay with us, just complete our online contact form, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 07711 140955.